Sunday, August 29, 2010

Top 5 Must-Haves for Fall

If you've been following my blog recently, you know I've been focusing on fall trends. And then this weeks episode of Project Runway did the exact same thing- the entire challenge was based around fall trends in both fashion and hair style. So, to break up my (very) long-winded posts about specific trends, I though I'd give you a couple of short lists to get your fall fashion wardrobe kick-started- My Top Five Must-Haves for Fall (mens and womens editions).

First up, ladies:

1.) Suede shoes: Pick your favorite style- booties, pumps, flats, tall boots- but find a pair in a luscious suede or faux-suede finish.

Suede Wedge Booties, Gap, $79.50





2.) A trench-inspired piece: Whether it's a skirt, a dress, or even a traditional jacket, the trench is hot this season. It's a part of the oh-so-popular military trend right now, so get on board!
Trench Dress, Ann Taylor Loft, $98


High Waist Belted Dress, YesStyle, $43.40



3.) A leather bag in olive: I am dying for bags in this color right now.






4.) Quirky tights: whether a fun pattern or a bold color, adorn your legs in fun and funky tights this fall.

Chevron Patterned Tights, Old Navy, $9.50




Super Sheer Spiral Tight, American Apparel, $14

5.) RED! Shoes, tops, pants, dresses, jackets- it's all hot if it's a bold red this fall.

Steve Madden Caryssa Pump, Nordstrom, $129.95




And now for the gentlemen:

1.) A great 3-piece suit: Great on its own or broken up and used in a more casual way, the 3-piece suit is not just this seasons trend. It's also a great classic investment piece.



Jones New York Black Suit, Mens Wearhouse, $499

2.) Corduroy: Nothing says "fall" quite like corduroy. Go for classic, clean shapes like straight or boot-cut pants.


Straight-leg Pants, Old Navy, $29.50


Straight-fit Cords, Banana Republic, $55


Corduroy Blazer, Gap, $88

3.) Lace-up boots: "A dressy version of a hiking boot" is the best description I can come up with.

Aldo Umphrey Boots, Zappos, $150



4.) Plaid: Whether flannel or lined in fur, plaid is the "it" print this fall. (That's actually true for both men and women.)



5.) Leather outerwear: An amazing leather jacket is never out of style, but this season, keep an eye out for sleek blazers and motorcycle styles.



Pentagon Blazer, Undergear, $220

There you have it- my top five must-haves for fall for both men and women. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Tyra R. Fournier said...

I really love fall fashion . Fall is my favorite . I prefer blazer and jacket like my cropped denim jacket . Here these outfits are really so lovely and stylish. Looking so amazing and attractive in this dresses and the total outfit is preferable.I love to read this blog as it brings vast knowledge and experience. Keep up updating the post regularly.....

Amphasis Design said...

I love that Trench Dress and the high waist belt dress, they are just beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails