Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rate My Look- Nothing But Neutrals

First off, I need to tell you that it was so humid when I was taking my outfit picture that the lens on my camera actually steamed up, hence the blurry end result. Nothin' but the quality here, folks.

Dress: Ann Taylor Loft, $29.99
Cami: Kohls, $12.99
Shoes: Kenneth Cole, $14.98
Earrings: Vintage, $7

I actually wore this outfit yesterday but didn't manage to snap a photo, so when I got home from work today I threw the outfit back on to take a couple of pictures. Actually, I'm much happier about that because I wore my hair down today and I'm diggin' how it looks- even at the end of the day! Woot. Also, I've been trying to mix it up with my eye make-up. Andrea gave me a little eye make-up tutorial a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to practice her techniques and I think I'm doing a pretty good job. At the very least, I'm happy to be out of my make-up rut.

But enough about that, let's talk about the clothes. In case you've been living under a rock, the rules about wearing black with black or brown with brown, or matching your shoes to your belt or bag are all out the window. These days, combining these neutrals actually creates a more fresh, youthful look. And since they are all neutrals, the question of "do they go together?" is "YES!" Because neutrals go with everything, that means they also go with each other. As you can see in the picture above, I've combined navy with black and beige. Yup, that's me- living on the wild side!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go crank the A/C. Happy Hump Day everyone!

3 comments:

Totally Inspired said...

I love this look! too too cute!

Alia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails