Monday, July 26, 2010

New Etsy Item

One of my favorite accent colors is chocolate brown. I love dark chocolate brown against bright colors like robin's egg blue, fuchsia and lately, peach. When I was in New York on my vacation, I stopped by Mood and found some lovely cotton sateens in both peach and chocolate brown. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the fabrics since there was only about a yard of each color available. I ended up making a couple of skirts, but instead of being selfish and making them for myself, I decided to post them in my Etsy shop. (Please forgive the wrinkles in the photo.)


I love the skirts that I see so often on Modcloth and so I decided to combine the fabrics to create one inspired by the ones I see so often on that site. This skirt would be ideal for summer, but could also easily translate into fall or even winter. I often pair my summer clothes with tights, sweaters and other layers to create bright, fun winter outfits.


I actually made two skirts- one is a size small, the other a medium. The small has a waist size of 28 and a length of 18 inches, the medium is a 29 inch waist, 19 inch length. Both skirts are the same exact style- full box pleats with a back zipper and skirt hook closure. Both skirts are available in my Etsy shop, so stop by if you are interested. And if neither skirt is your size, let me know and I can custom-make one for you. Or if it only requires making one of the current skirts a little smaller in the waist, I can do that easily for you.

Leave a comment and let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to see in my Etsy shop. I'm working on a dress that I hope to finish in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to let you know once it's posted!

1 comment:

Totally Inspired said...

uuuhhmm, Id like to see the same skirt with a stretchy band.. so I can wear it.Thanks, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails