Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back to the Ladies

Ladies- I know I've been focusing on guys fashion for the last few days, but don't worry- today it's all about you. I'm back to womens wear for at last today.

Anyway, I was persuing ModCloth tonight, looking for a new pair of lace-up oxfords. After a brutal day in New York City yesterday, my cut-out oxfords from Urban Outfitters are pretty much trashed. I'm really sad about it, but I figured I could buy an exact replacement pair OR I could shop around and see if I find something I like better. Honestly, there aren't many out there in the same price range that are as fabulous as the originals, so I will likely stick with them. But that's not the point. The point is that after I visited ModCloth's shoe department looking for potential replacement oxfords, I hopped on over to the skirts section and found this beauty:


I'm in love. It would be adorable with a cute pair of heels and a simple black top. Since the skirt is so stunning, I'd keep the rest of the outfit simple and allow it to be the focal point of the outfit. Did I mention that I love it?

I'm on vacation as of tomorrow and I'm hoping not to break the bank by shopping too much while I'm away, but time will tell! At the very least I need to replace my oxfords, which really shouldn't count towards new clothing purchases since they're a replacement set, right? Aside from the shoes, there's nothing I can think of that I really "need." Of course that hasn't stopped the shopping in the past and I'm sure it will be the same in the future. And when I'm on vacation, there's no stopping the shopping! I see different friends and family each day, and everyone wants to do the same thing- shop! Of course, I have NO problem obliging, but I'm sure my checking account would appreciate it if I curbed my enthusiasm just a bit. The good news is that whatever I buy will eventually end up on the blog, so it's not only clothing, it's inspiration!

My posts may be a bit erratic while I'm on vacation, but I will probably be able to post at least a couple of times over the next week. Enjoy the rest of your week, everyone!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I love the shape of this skirt. It looks more like tiers than stripes which is so cute.

Totally Inspired said...

That dress is awesome.. and I KNOW that you could make one just like it.. cute cute cuuuute!

Maria said...

That skirt is adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails