Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lazy, Rainy Day

It's raining today. It has been so hot and humid here for the last few weeks, I can't even remember the last time it rained. I only know that now that it is raining, I feel a sort of relief. When the weather is sunny and bright, I always feel the need to be outside enjoying it, which sometimes leads to days that are less than relaxing. But on a rainy day, there is no pressure to be outside. I thought about the dark, stormy rainclouds overhead right now and then I thought about the bright sunny days we've been having and somehow I came up with this outfit, which if I owned it is what I would be wearing today. I'd be carrying an umbrella as well, of course.





The bright yellow and dark gray pieces are pretty self- explanatory (not to mention the fact that they are one of my favorite color combinations). I finished the look with pinkish-nude flats for a neutral shoe, along with some whimsy in the form of a paisley bow on the straw handbag and owl earrings. Every outfit needs a little bit of whimsy, don't you think?

Since I don't own this outfit, I'll have to come up with something else for myself today, I suppose. Sigh...

1 comment:

Totally Inspired said...

I may just add this look to my lineup for next week.. cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails