Monday, July 19, 2010

Boston Day Trip, Antiquing and Bringing Back Gloves.

Yesterday was a fabulous vacation day. I drove down to Boston to see one of my very best friends. Since moving to Pennsylvania, I haven't been to Boston, so I was long overdue for a visit to my favorite city. We started off the day at a HUGE antique store-five enormous floors of antiques. We spent hours going through the booths and peering into the glass cases full of jewelry. There were SO many interesting things to see- so many items that I wanted to incorporate into an outfit or to use as inspiration for a new garment.

One accessory that I was continually drawn to were vintage gloves. As Beth pointed out, Betty Draper wears them. And we know how I feel about Betty Draper's clothes! Anyway, we decided that it is time to bring back the gloves. So I bought a pair to match the Bouchard Original I happened to.be wearing and put them on for our walk to the North End (to pick up cannoli from Mike's Pastry).  

I plan to wear them again soon, and especially once I can get a few more pair. So what do you think? Am I crazy? Did the musty air in the antique shop get to my head? Or is this a great trend to bring back? Look closely at the picture of Beth and I and you will see the coral wrist gloves I am wearing. I felt that since this is kind of an "out-there" fashion choice that I would break my rule about matching accessories to the outfit. I decided to select a pretty color that blended in with the print of my dress. Beth also looked fabulous yesterday in a new chambray skirt from Urban Outfitters.

Overall, my vacation has been very enjoyable. I have a trip to the seacoast planned for today, where I hope to eat a lobster roll. (All my vacation plans revolve around food.)

Happy Monday, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about gloves during the day...during a stroll...in Boston...to get a cannoli (PS Who doesn't like Mike's Pastry) BUT if anyone can rock a pair of gloves during the evening...it's the Bouche!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Well, to be clear, it WAS after 6 PM that I wore the gloves, so it was an evening stroll.

During the day? Yes, that would be more difficult to pull off.

Maria said...

Why not wear them? I think you look great! The fact that they match so well is what makes it a fashion statement instead of something oddball, IMO.

Related Posts with Thumbnails