Friday, October 8, 2010

Project Runway: Season 8, Episode 11

WIN: Andy
AUF'd: Christoper

I can't even begin to discuss this episode. I am thoroughly confused by it. Heidi's "athletic" line is anything but. The designers were given a budget and time to shop at Mood, but then criticized for using fabrics outside of Heidi's line. Andy won? With those Nightmare Before Christmas outfits? Ok, that was a bit harsh- I do think the dress was cute and the hoodie was also pretty nice, but what on earth was that middle outfit?

Andy's collection was actually my least favorite of the lot:




I think these pictures make the collection look a LOT better than it did in motion as it went down the runway. Other than that, I think I've said all I can say about this collection.

And now for Christopher's collection which got him auf'd:




Honestly, the difference between the winning collection and the losing collection isn't hugely apparent to me. Sure, I hate Christopher's butterfly hoodie, but other than that, it's a perfectly fine set of casual clothing. Also, Heidi raved about the top in the first look in the workroom, so what happened to her love affair? It was apparently quite short-lived.

If it had been up to me, Mondo would have had his fourth win in a row. His collection was the most appealing to me. I hated his second look because it reminded me too much of the 80's, but the other two looks worked well for me:




I would personally love to wear the last look- I am in love with that hoodie. I even like his quirky little headbands. They're fun!

Ok, comment away, friends- tell me what you thought of this episode because clearly I am incapable of articulating it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails