Thursday, October 14, 2010

Done!

I finished the last details on my new work dresses tonight and I'll hopefully have pictures to show you next week. Why so long a wait? Because my amazing photographer friend Kate is going to take the pictures for me and I'm SO EXCITED!!! She's a remarkably good photographer and you can find her studio website here. She and her business partner Lara are two super talented ladies and I can't wait to experience what it's like to have one of them behind the camera! So, until then, you only get these teeny tiny sneaky-peekies:



No, I did not make that brooch- it was a gift from a great friend and this grey dress is the perfect backdrop for it, so I couldn't resist! And yes, there is a third dress- a red gabardine, but I couldn't get a good close-up photo of it for you. The light was bad, my photography skills are bad- the stars just weren't aligned for a sneak-peek of that one, so you will just have to wait and see the whole thing when the time comes.

I learned one major thing while working on this project: I need a SERGER! Really really bad!!! I used to hop on one of the sergers at AMT to finish my edges and holy cow did it make life easier. Now that I'm sewing exclusively at home, I have to deal with less than ideal equipment including a lack of a serger. I'd even settle for one of those 3-spool little rinky-dink ones for now. But I think I'll just save up, or maybe write Santa a letter this year. I tend to forget to ask Santa for things, but not this year!

1 comment:

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

When I got my first serger, I wondered how I ever lived without it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails