Thursday, October 21, 2010

Special Announcement- LIVE BLOG during PR Finale tonight!

My good friend Tim is a Project Runway fan just like me. Actually, he seems to remember a lot more detail of the seasons than I do, so maybe he's not "just like me." It's more like I try to be "just like him" but it doesn't really work out.

Anyway, if you read the comments on my Project Runway posts, you've seen some of his comments, which sometimes border on blog posts themselves. And that's what gave me the idea to have him write a guest post for the final two episodes of this season. He seems to have a really strong handle on the final contestants and their journeys through this season, so I couldn't think of a better person to handle the finales. Then he had an even more brilliant idea- let's do LIVE BLOGGING for the final two episodes!

It's pretty simple: he'll be blogging from Style... the New Black throughout the episode, talking about the contestants, the designs, Tim Gunn- whatever he likes (or hates), really! And you can follow along just by visiting the blog throughout the episode!

To re-cap, the remaining designers include: Gretchen, Mondo, Andy and Michael C. One of the things Tim mentioned in a recent comment was that he liked seeing the 6-look "mini collections" that were flashed on the screen during the judges deliberations. It gave viewers an opportunity to see the range of each designer over the course of the season. I agree, but with 12 episodes, seeing 6 looks was not quite half of what they designed. So, I decided to put together a picture collage for each of the four remaining designers as a bit of a refresher as we head into the finale. In episodes where they designed multiple looks, I included the first one. Here they are:





I'm not sure why Andy's collage appears smaller than the rest- I made all these in Paint, so maybe I messed something up along the way. So, now that you can see nearly all their designs throughout the season, does that change or affect your opinion of who should go to fashion week? Leave a comment and don't forget to check back tonight for Tim's live blog! One thing I should note is that Tim is located in Las Vegas, NV, so the blog will begin at 9:00 PM PACIFIC time. 

P.S. If you like Tim's guest blog here (and I'm sure you will), check out his own personal blog Three Second Goldfish. You'll love it, too, I'm sure! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails