Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Finally- Mom's Valances

If you've been following my tweets and reading this blog, you know I've been spending a lot of time sewing- new dresses for the new job AND valances for my mom's dining room. Well, I haven't been teasing you intentionally, it's just that I haven't had time to take pictures. The dresses look great, but I've been lazy with my hair and make-up lately PLUS I'm still stuck in my glasses and will be stuck in them for another 2 weeks, so I'm less inclined to get out and take photos. Yes, it's vain, I know! And as far as the valances go, they just hadn't been hung up yet, so there wasn't much point in taking a picture. And of course things can't be simple around here- the style of the new valances required a new set of curtain rods- decorative ones- so that had to be taken care of first: the purchasing, the mounting, the adjusting, etc. Finally, they are up:


The picture is blurry and the sun too bright and we hadn't yet "tweaked" them to make them hang perfectly, but you get the picture. I kind of like them.

Hopefully I'll finish the last of my three new dresses and get pictures taken soon. I have to install a zipper in th last one as well as hem it, add sleeves and some other minor details. It shouldn't take more than a couple hours later today. Tomorrow I'm meeting with the ballet company to discuss the costume work they need done, so I'll let you know if that's blog-worthy when the time comes. Speaking of the ballet company, they gave me a copy of last years performance, and I've been procrastinating on watching it. Maybe I should go do that now...

1 comment:

my healthy twist said...

So pretty! You go girl!! XOXO, Natalya

Related Posts with Thumbnails