Monday, October 25, 2010

Bridal Boot Camp

My original plan for today was that I would come home from my first day working in the bridal industry and write an insightful and inspirational post all about it. That will not be happening. After ten hours on my feet in what I thought would be a great shoe choice, I am tired and my feet hurt and I can't really think about much else to say on the matter. I have a far better shoe choice lined up for tomorrow, so perhaps at the end of THAT day, I'll have something insightful and inspirational to share with all of you. 

Fortunately for me, the one thing I can talk about is how horribly my feet hurt right now and have been hurting since about 4:00 PM. I wore my black round-toe wedges today, which I thought was an excellent shoe choice. Not. So. Much. What I remember as being my go-to fall/winter standard shoe that I could wear while on my feet all day turned out to be nothing like that at all. I'm sure it's nothing that a cushion-y insole couldn't fix, but I think I'm going to give my feet a rest and stick to flats for the rest of the week. Perhaps it's the month or so I've spent at home in pajamas and slippers that has changed my high-heel stamina. After all, I wasn't even in high heels today, just a moderate wedge. I hope to build my shoe-pain tolerance back up to at least what it was prior to my move to NH, but until I do, I'm going to have to find ways to make flats work for me. 

Since tomorrow is our first interactive Shoesday Tuesday, I have decided that the first theme will be "dressy flats" for the workplace. This is of course in honor of my aching feet. You all know how much I love a lace-up oxford, but I'm not opposed to ballet flats or boots. As of midnight tonight, start tweeting along this theme and don't forget the hashtag: #ShoesdayTuesday. I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

1 comment:

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...

very nice blog!))

http://newbloodstyle-hautecouture.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails