Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Amazing Etsy Creations

I was perusing Etsy earlier, browsing through the handmade clothing in search of some inspiration for layering pieces to add to my wardrobe. Anyone can throw a cardigan over an outfit for a little added warmth, but isn't that incredibly dull? These pieces that I found are ANYTHING but dull:

Super Slim Cross Sweater, MaxMelody, $58

This sweater is absolutely captivating and the price is remarkably affordable. I may have to place an order for one. I really love the olive color it's pictured in, but it's also available in black and brown, so I'm torn. I imagine black would work the best for my personal wardrobe, but then again, so would charcoal grey. I wonder if I could get a custom color...

Grey Capelet, MaxMelody, $52

This capelet is absolutely beautiful and would be another perfect addition to my fall/winter wardrobe. I've been toying with the idea of making a matching capelet for the red dress I've been working on this week. It's the last of the three new "bridal professional" dresses I've been making for myself this week. Maybe capelets will be one of my go-to winter looks this year. I'm inspired by MaxMelody to knit something for myself since both of these two items seem to be pretty simple patterns. And once again, I'm surprised by the price- it seems low for such a great piece. I'm not complaining- in fact, I may have to snatch this up soon in case the prices go up!

Felted Circle Wrap, sandmaiden, $94

You may have thought from the first two pictures that my taste preference is chunky knits with lots of cables and other knit details. But I like sleek and simple just as much!

Cabled Swing Cardigan, moocowhandknits, $100

I not only love the shape of this swing cardi, but the color is really beautiful, too. I may have to come up with a combination of items for myself- some I can make myself, others I can order. I'm leaning towards making myself a capelet and purchasing the first sweater pictured. Any thoughts? Leave a comment- you know how much I love them!

1 comment:

my healthy twist said...

Wow, these are BEAUTIFUL layering pieces, and definitely not dull! XOXO, Natalya

Related Posts with Thumbnails