Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Problem With Being a Clutz...

... is that sometimes due to your clutziness, you end up breaking your toe the morning of a job interview. And the problem with being stubborn and living by the mantra, "Beauty Hurts," is that you end up shoving your (likely) broken toe into a pair of fabulous high heels (that truly do make your whole outfit, by the way) and then hobbling off to the interview. As much as I wanted to get a photo of my fabulous interview outfit today, it just did not happen. Yes, I slammed my foot into the wall this morning, like an idiot. And yes, I put the heels on anyway, wondering why nearly 30 minutes after slamming my toe, it was still in excruciating pain. I managed to walk normally into and out of the interview and was even offered the job on the spot! (More on that soon.) But when I got home, it was not only pouring rain outside and terrible lighting inside, but I was absolutely DYING to get those shoes off. As soon as I kicked them off, my little left pinky toe started to swell. It's still throbbing. I don't know if it's broken, but it sure does hurt, so I can't imagine it's not broken. I've never broken a toe, so I have nothing to compare it to, but like I said, it sure does hurt.

I not only kicked off those heels, I also jumped right into a new pair of Life is Good sweatpants that my brother brought home for me last night. I've been in them ever since and my fabulous outfit is upstairs strewn across my bed where I left it when I changed. Maybe if the weather (and my toe) improves later in the week, I'll try to snap a photo for you.

So as not to leave this as a completely fashion-devoid and disappointing post, here's something fun and fashionable for you:

Urban Outfitters is having a sale with all sorts of items for only $9.99! Check it out here. I kind of like these cheap-o items:







Happy bargain shopping, everyone!

1 comment:

my healthy twist said...

That sucks, I hope your toe feels better soon!! XOXO, Natalya

Related Posts with Thumbnails