Sunday, March 7, 2010

The reveal!

All of those sneak peek pictures from yesterday's post were of this fabulous skirt!


It is the most beautiful (almost) spring day here today so I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and had a little photo shoot so that you wouldn't be held in suspense any longer! Honestly, this weather is something I can get used to! As you can see, there is still a bit of snow on the ground, but today is sunny and breezy and I just want to spend the whole day outside. I have a birthday party to go to, though, so that won't be happening.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun taking pictures in this skirt because it is the most fun thing to wear. It's so full and even though the fabric is a tad stiff, it's actually kind of bouncy-feeling when I'm in it. I feel childlike and youthful- in a good way. I'm sure I'll pair it with heels to make it a little more grown-up, but for today my Mary Jane ballet flats were perfect for the way I feel.

I had a couple of bad shots before they got good. This one was great until the wind caught me off guard!


And this one took about six attempts before the sun didn't ruin the exposure.

I'm not sure about my facial expression, but at least the skirt looks good, right? The last picture also required several attempts before I had one that was usable.


I'm sure you can tell from the photos that I love wearing this skirt. It's the kind of piece that if I found it in a store, I'd be hard pressed not to buy it, even if it was way out of my price range. I love it THAT much! But enough about what I think- what do you think? Leave me a comment. If you're wondering about how to make a skirt like this for yourself, drop me a note because it's really simple.  No pattern required- just one yard of fabric and about an hour of your free time. Have a great Sunday, everyone!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Love it! What a perfect length for showing off your great gams. ("Gams" means "legs," right?) Very impressive.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Yes- Gams=legs. And thanks for the compliments!

Anonymous said...

I think you are gorgeous!
I'm a sucker for those full floaty skirts, but have had trouble finding tops to go with them.
I wonder if you might try out some slight A line skirts just for fun? With your lovely figure I think they'd probably work even better than the full floaty skirts. :)

Renée T. Habashy said...

Anonymous, for the tops, it's best to keep them fitted because of the volume down below. Fitted button-front shirts as well as tailored jackets are nice because the clean lines compliment the fullness of the skirt. As for a-lines, I do tend to wear those quite often as well. However, because of my little "pooch" belly, I find the fuller the better for me- it draws more emphasis to my waist. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails