Monday, July 11, 2011

Rate My Look- New BR Skirt

Remember my confession last weekend about the shopping spree I went on? Well, in addition to some Ann Taylor blouses, and a new Coach handbag, I also scored the fabulous skirt in this outfit:


It's a wrap skirt from Banana Republic that I scored for about $15! I wore it to work this week and I was comfortable for a full day of bridal-alterations-mania! I love the print, the length, the pockets- pretty much everything about it. And of course, the price can't be beat. I also got a lovely printed silk blouse at the same outlet, but haven't used it in an outfit yet. I'm sure I will soon, though.

As for this outfit, some of my co-workers commented on the lack of color. Of course, the bag is a nice pop of bright blue, but I didn't exactly carry it around all day at work. Without the bag, it's a very neutral outfit, but  I think it's good to shake things up and do something unexpected every now and then. The shoes pictured are pretty much my favorite work shoes for the summer. The neutral color makes them ideal for just about any outfit and the wedge adds just enough height that I'm not in flats. Have you figured out yet that flats are not my favorite? I've also got a favorite ring- my new seashell ring. It is certainly eye-catching and a great conversation piece. I think I've worn it nearly every day since I bought it. 

What's your favorite new summer piece that you simply can't stop wearing? Obviously, for me it's the seashell ring, but I want to hear what you're wearing this summer! Leave a comment and tell me all about it! 

1 comment:

Style Journey said...

I think you look great, even without a bunch of color. Sometimes neutrals are just as nice.

My favorite go to summer pieces have been my Collected Treasures Seafoam Green necklace from Avon and my new colorful thrifted belt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails