Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rate My Look- Still Showing Off My Shopping Booty


When I hit the outlets over the Fourth of July weekend, I knew I got some steals, but I had no idea how great those little gems would turn out to be. The four tops that I got from Ann Taylor Loft have turned out to be amazing every day blouses- perfect for work or just about anything else. In the picture above, you can see I've paired the white version of the blouse (I got it in three solid colors and one print) with my green and white circle skirt that I made last year. I finished the look off with my white ballet flats from Payless and some accessories from Stella and Dot

I realized as I was getting dressed that I had never featured my bee brooch on the blog. And it just happened to be the perfect addition to my outfit. The way it nestled right into the ruffles on my blouse was absolutely perfect:


When it comes to comfort, there isn't much that beats a circle skirt. They're pretty flattering, to boot. When I worked in costume design, they were my favorite choice when creating costumes for dancers because of the beautiful way they move. An even though I don't do many pirouettes or tour jetes at work, the movement of the skirt is still really fabulous. Don't you wish I did pirouettes and tour jetes at work, though? I know my coworkers would LOVE it. Choreo for everyone! 5-6-7-8!

1 comment:

Beth said...

The color of the skirt makes your glasses pop in such a pretty way. And your hair is great! I'm liking the shorter look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails