Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday- Wedding Shoe Shopping

For some reason, I'm surrounded by brides- and I'm not referring to work. I have a whole mess of friends who are engaged and getting married soon. It's funny how these things happen in groups. Anyway, I'm getting together with at least one of these brides this week to shop for shoes for her wedding. I love shoe shopping 100% of the time. And wedding shoe shopping? Even better. We're going to hit Nordstrom as their shoe department is pretty stellar. I've done a little pre-shopping online and here are some beauties I've found:

I can see this shoe on a bride who has selected a slinky, sexy gown and wants shoes that are equivalent in their sex appeal. 

This shoe is ideal for the modern bride who wants a little bit of funk, but still wants to feel "bridal." The color says, "I'm a wedding shoe." Everything else about it says, "I'm a super fabulous shoe." 

Planning a beach wedding, but still want height? A wedge is the way to go and these Badgley Mischkas are wedges done right. The floaty, floral detail at the toe is just a bonus. 

For the traditional bride who wants just a touch of sparkle, these peep toe pumps are perfectly classic. They work with everything from a ball gown to a retro-sheath and just about everything in between. 

Of course, not everyone goes for the traditional ivory or white shoe to match the color of the dress. There are many other contrasting choices the modern bride can make to show a touch of her personality and style. 

Can't you see these on the most dazzling of "dancin' queens?" I can! 

What better way to incorporate your "something blue" than with a fabulous pair of shoes. And don't these remind you of the pair Carrie wore when she married Big? I thought so... 

Of course, blue isn't the only color brides may choose to wear. Whether you want to match the color of your bridesmaids' dresses, or just have a fun pop of color peeking out from under your gown, this modern choice will set you apart dramatically from the more traditional bridal shoe choices. 

I honestly have no idea what types of shoes my bride friends are thinking of wearing, but I can guarantee we'll have fun shopping for the perfect pair! 

Leave a comment to tell me what you think of bridal shoes in general, or these choices above, or anything else that comes to mind. And if you want to tweet, like we do every week, don't forget the hashtag #ShoesdayTuesday

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails