Friday, July 1, 2011

Tapas Blogging

Can you believe it's JULY?!?!?! Seriously, what happened to the month of June? If the summer continues to race by at this pace, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up. When Halloween rolls around, I'll still be lighting sparklers and asking what I should bring to the barbecue next weekend!

In an effort to catch up, today I've put together another Tapas Blogging post- although it's sort of miniature by comparison. Enjoy!

There are few things I have given as little thought to as my shoe laces. Perhaps this is due to the fact that sneakers are something reserved mostly for the gym or hiking excursions- they don't qualify as "fashion" items in my day to day wardrobe. However, it seems Ian is really into it. He's even got an entire page on his website "Ian's Shoelace Site" that is dedicated entirely to the many methods of tying your shoe laces- 36 to be exact. I'm not judging. Really.

What do Santa Claus, Eliza Doolittle, Cleopatra and Napoleon Bonapart have in common? Probably not much, to be honest, but costumes worn by actors playing those roles were recently auctioned off, many fetching thousands of dollars. Perhaps the most notable sale was that of the "Subway Dress" worn by Marilyn Monroe in "The Seven Year Itch" which sold for a whopping $4.6 MILLION. That's a lot of movie tickets.

I love clothing and accessories that involve some type of re-purposing, whether it's a simple vintage item, or something that has been completely re-worked. Which is why I was impressed with these rings made out of antique spoons. They are no simple DIY project, but rather finely crafted pieces made by a true artist- someone who can clearly see the beauty in a simple object.

This is perhaps the coolest-looking jewelry storage method I have ever seen. However, this method is also cool and includes DIY instructions.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails