Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm Back

If you visited my blog over the holiday weekend, you may have noticed a distinct lack of posting. I decided to give myself a little bit of a vacation over the long weekend and didn't even think about blogging. Actually, that's not true, I thought about it a lot, but every time I did, I decided to think instead about what I was doing- which was spending time with family and friends. Everyone deserves a little vacation every now and then, right?

I had an excellent, relaxing weekend spent at a BBQ one day and at the beach the next. I even got a little bit of sun- just a little. I even had an accidental shopping spree. I swear it was a complete accident. Honest! My bank account isn't impressed, I'll tell you that much. On the drive up to northern New Hampshire to visit some friends, I stopped to get gas. I just so happened to be getting gas off an exit that also boasts the state's best outlet mall. It appeared from the crowds that there were some major sales going on, so I decided to just "pop in" to a couple of my favorite stores. An hour later and I had a shopping bag from Nine West, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor LOFT and Coach. Yup. I did some serious damage in a very short amount of time.

I'll be posting outfit photos so you can see the great pieces I got, but just to be clear, I walked away having spent almost exactly $200 and I had quite the haul on my hands- a total of 8 new items. No joke. The hardest decision was when I was in the Coach outlet. The entire store was 30% off. I saw an amazing bag on a table that was labeled "50% off." I asked a sales person about that and she informed me that the 50% discount was IN ADDITION to the 30% discount. Honestly, at that price, how could I NOT get the bag? Trouble was, I couldn't select a size. Here are the two- side-by-side:


They may appear similar in size in the photo, but I assure you, the bag on the left is significantly larger than the bag on the right. I fell in love with the shape and the color and the fact that both bags have an unusually high number of pockets. You know I love bags with pockets, right? For the organizing, of course.

So, while you wait with bated breath to find out how I managed to score 5 tops, a skirt, a pair of heels and a Coach bag all for just $200, why not leave a comment guessing one of the following three things:
1.) Leave a comment guessing which bag I purchased.
2.) Leave a comment guessing what I paid for the bag. Seriously, you'll be in awe when I tell you!
3.) Leave a comment telling me about your latest and greatest bargain shopping spree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you bought the bag on the right. Its cooler and funky and different that the other bags you have in your closet.

I think you paid $45 for it.

Although I love a bargain. I haven't been on a shopping spree in quite some time...

Related Posts with Thumbnails