Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How Do You Feel About...

... nail art?

I have been seeing all sorts of different nail art designs all over the internet. Not only are they pictures of professional manicures, but there are also a lot of DIY versions.

Some using different colors of nail polish applied in such a way as to create design. Check out these youtube videos to see what I mean: Twisted Polka Dot Nails, Nail Flowers, More Nail Flowers, Marbled Nails, even Animal Print Designs and Newspaper Print Nails. The Newspaper print nails are definitely the ones I've been seeing all over the place. Am I spending too much time on the internet, or is nail art suddenly a popular trend? I have to admit, I'm not a fan of any of it. When I get a manicure, it's rare for me to stray from French to even a solid color. The last manicure I got, the technician kept trying to "jazz it up" first by trying to make the white polish go across my nail at a diagonal instead of straight across. I was NOT having it. You'd think she'd take the hint that I'm pretty vanilla where nail polish is concerned, but when she was doing my pedicure, she kept trying to get me to have a design on my big toe- one that included a rhinestone! Seriously?!?! Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I just don't get the appeal.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think of nail art- is it cool? Trendy? Lame? Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love nail polish! I have an out of control collection in all kinds of funky colors and finishes. Nothing is too wild for me. When it comes to nail "art," I love it- up to a certain point. Anything impractical, such as a bunch of chunky stuff glued onto the nail, or cartoon characters is too much for me, but a "funky" french, a stamped nail, a scotch tape design, or even a restrained rhinestone or two is fine. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or the patience (or the motor skills) to do any nail art on myself, so I just enjoy it on others.

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

Hi Shannon, Did you tried zebra art it will look really and pretty awesome.

Elizabeth
nail flowers

Related Posts with Thumbnails