Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday: My Brogue-mance

Guys, this Shoesday Tuesday is for you. I know I wax poetic about my obsession for lace-up oxfords and I do have a decent collection by now. But the truth about that style is that it's 100% menswear, made for women. So why not dedicate a post to the original shoe that inspired the trend? Gentlemen, may I present: the brogue.

Mens Vintage Harry Brogue, Super Shoes, $245




Wondering what made me want to write about these shoes? Well, I was sitting in the living room last night, watching The Shawshank Redepmtion. Great movie, right? Well, remember when Red is talking about how Andy escaped from prison- he was wearing the Warden's shoes, which he'd rubbed to a nice mirror shine. Remember Red's line, "After all, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" It's true- mens shoes are not always something you think to look at, unless of course, they're really nice. Since brogues are so versatile- they look great with a suit, with dress pants, even with jeans and a nice shirt- they are a great shoe to invest in. A nice leather pair will last you years, especially if you take care of them. Have the soles repaired if they get worn out and spend a few minutes cleaning them off at the end of the day. A little care goes a long way. 

And don't be fooled into thinking brogues are for the boring, straight-laced (pun intended) type. There are funky oxfords out there for just about anyone. Like these: 


You like? I do! Make a statement with your shoes, gentlemen- you won't regret it! And don't forget to tweet your shoe obsessions with the hashtag #ShoesdayTuesday 

1 comment:

mens watch said...

I'm thinking what to buy because the Bass mens Barret "Endless" and the Allen Edwards "Nordstorm" is actually my type but I do only have $345 in my pocket and I want them both.

Related Posts with Thumbnails