Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Beauty Product Review: Model in a Bottle

I was recently approached by the online beauty supply company Misikko about reviewing a couple of their products. After perusing the site, I was most intrigued by a product called "Model in a Bottle." I'd tried make-up setters in the past, but never really found one that was super amazing. I was excited to try out another brand and see how it compared to others I'd used in the past.



When my Model in a Bottle arrived, I could hardly wait to try it, but since I'd just walked in the door after a long day at work, setting my make-up wasn't exactly a top priority. But since I wasn't about to use it in a practical sense, I took the opportunity to test it out on my skin, just to see how if I would react to it at all. I have very sensitive skin and I try to be very careful about testing different products before I use them on my face. I sprayed a bit of the Model in a Bottle on the back of my hand to test it out. The first thing I noticed was how strong the scent is. I have perfume that isn't as strong a scent as Model in a Bottle. I tend to be very sensitive to strong scents, but I think this might even bother someone who isn't particularly sensitive. Yes, it's that strong.

The next morning, I was actually a bit nervous about trying it because I was afraid the scent would really get to me. After all, if it bothered me while it was on my hand, how much more difficult would it be to deal with when it was sprayed on my face? I did my make-up as usual, and then misted the Model in a Bottle over my face. Once again, the scent was strong, but the product dried quickly and I quickly headed out the door to work.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the scent to be not nearly as overpowering as I'd expected. Throughout my 10-hour day at work, I frequently checked my make-up in the many mirrors around the shop. Each time I was pleasantly surprised to see that instead of the usual shiny patches and areas where my make-up had worn off, my make-up seemed to be nearly as fresh as when I'd first applied it that morning. Overall, I was quite impressed with "Model in a Bottle."

Pros:
- Clean, matte finish that requires little to no touching up throughout the day
- Very fast-drying (especially compared to other similar products)
- Fine, even mist
- After using every day for a week, I have experienced no side effects or skin irritation of any kind. Actually, my skin feels soft and smooth whenever I use it.

Cons:
- Somewhat overpowering scent

Clearly the pros far outweigh the cons, at least in my case. If you are looking for a good make-up setter, I think this is a great product to try. And even though Misikko sent me my bottle for free, you can trust I've given an honest review.

Although this review is geared towards the make-up savvy, Misikko has quite a few products for those who are hair obsessed. Maybe I'll have an opportunity in the future to review a hair straightener or hair product like FHI Heat Hot Sauce.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://blushingbarbies.blogspot.in/2011/11/sally-beauty-supply-haul-mini-reveiw.html
http://thebeautychannel.blogspot.in/2012/01/black-15-in-1-miracle-hair-treatment.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails