Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oops! I forgot the big reveal...

I sometimes drop the ball on things. Not often, but sometimes, I admit, it happens. Like when I say I'm going to post pictures of my creations here on the blog and then I don't actually do it. Fortunately for you, I have a conscience. So, even though it's a bit later than planned, here are the amazing photos taken by Kate Harper of Studio Nouveau of the first of three dresses I made for work.



The first dress was made with a purple and black plaid with touches of grey as well. I made a scoop neckline, short sleeves and added a bow at the side of the neckline for a little extra fun. And as if that wasn't enough quirkiness, I even used an exposed zipper in the back.



There are a few things I like about this dress:

1.) It's very comfortable.
2.) It has fun, quirky details like the bow on the neckline and the exposed zipper.
3.) It has pockets.
4.) It's very flattering.

I don't own many plaid clothes, but when I saw this fabric I thought it would be perfect for work. Turns out, I was right- it's a very comfortable dress that I love wearing to work and that never fails to receive a compliment or two throughout the day.

But what about your thoughts? Do you have an opinion on my (fabulous) dress? Leave a comment if you do! Good or bad, I'm happy to hear what you have to say. If you want to see more, check back here on the blog for photos of the other two dresses I made. And if you simply can't wait for the blog post, you can go here to see the pictures.

3 comments:

The Cat and The Cow said...

Eeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! It is AMAZING! You are quite the seamstress, lady!!!! Beautiful work and photos!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thank you SO much! :)

Maria said...

Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails