Saturday, April 10, 2010

April Shoe Dazzle Showroom #2

I hope all of you are having a fabulous weekend so far. I have been very lazy all morning long, but I'm about to get motivated and head out into this beautiful weekend. It's sunny here, but very cool. I actually miss the 80+ degree weather from last weekend! But until it feels like summer again, I'm going to focus on summer shoes to keep me in the mood. I just received my updated Shoe Dazzle shoe selections. As you know from this post, I received April's shoe selections, known as "My Showroom." I didn't feel compelled to purchase any of them. I just wasn't in love. So, I've been waiting a few days for my next set and I have now received the second set for the month:

(P.S. The bottom left shoe- "Carly"- was actually in my original showroom for the month, but it was offered in a pewter color rather than bronze. More on that later.) To be perfectly honest, I'm not that impressed with this showroom because it's not really in line with what I asked for. When you receive your initial showroom, you have until the 6th of the month to either select a shoe or choose "Skip this month." Since I have not yet made a purchase, I'm not bound by that rule. Once a purchase is made, then the time frame rule takes effect.

Anyway, when you ask for a second selection of shoes, you are asked to answer some more questions. I wrote that I wanted to see neutrals, but that I preferred a nude shoe rather than blacks and browns. And yet, look at what they sent me: not a nude shoe in the bunch! AND one of them is the exact same shoe as my original showroom for this month, just in a different color. It seems to me that it would be easier for them to offer me the "Carly" shoe, for example, but when I click on it to see more detail, I would learn that it comes not only in the recommended pewter, but also in bronze, etc. Instead, I had to wait four days to learn that "Carly" is available in bronze as well as pewter. To me, that's not two separate shoe recommendations. Maybe I'm too picky, but it's how I feel.

In addition, for heel height, I selected all three options- flats, mid-height and high heel. I thought my next set would have a variety. What did they send? ALL heels! I am starting to feel that the process is a tad limiting. The concept of Shoe Dazzle is to make the customer feel as though they are getting the best service from a personal stylist/personal shopper. I don't know that I feel that way.

Anyone else disagree with me? Let me know your thoughts! And in the meantime, check out this "Hot Shoe" from the Shoe Dazzle website:

Once again, the shoe I like the most is one that was not found in either of my showrooms! The same thing happened last month, remember? I am not sure if I love this shoe enough to spend $40 on it, but I'll think about it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails