Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last day of work before Christmas!

I felt the need to break out the fabulous red dress for the last day of work before Christmas. I don't forsee any occasions in the near future when I'll be able to wear it, so of course I had to wear it! Instead of satin pumps and pearls, I wore it with black tights and boots. Here's the original outfit:


Dress: Me, $22 for the fabric & notions
Boots: Tommy Hilfiger, I can't remember how much
Tights: Target, $6
Earrings: H&M, I can't remember how much, but pretty cheap, I'm sure
Beret: Liz Claiborne boucht at
TJ Maxx years ago, $19.99

The boots in the picture are actually not the ones I ended up wearing. Instead I wore the lace-up oxford booties from yesterday's post. They're a little more comfortable. Also, since my dress is so French-inspired, I topped the outfit with a beret. I went back and forth between the black beret or the white beret. In the end I opted for the white and then covered up with my white coat and a red pashmina scarf and red gloves. A little matchy-matchy, but it's Christmas, so I'll let myself get away with it!



And here's the outfit with the lace up oxford shoes and a cardigan to cover up a little for 2 reasons: 1, it's work, not a party and 2, it's cold!



Unfortunately, the cardigan covers nearly all the pleating detail on the neckline and the waist, but I feel it's a necessary piece on a cold day like today. Plus, the neckline is a little scandalous for work, even for me.

I will be taking the next two days off from blogging since it's Christmas! I wish you all a very Merry Christmas- be safe and have fun! I'll be back this weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails