Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lady in Red... we're almost there!

A week from this coming Monday is the AMT Christmas party and I am finished sewing my fabulous new red dress:


As described in the previous "Lady in Red" post, I added a notched cuff to the sleeve, lowered and opened the neckline and added a sculptural pleating detail to the left side of the neckline as well as to the right side of the waistline, continuing on to the back. These are details that are nearly impossible to see in the picture above, but I'm very happy with the end result. Here's where you come in. I'm opening up the comments section of this post to anyone who would like to offer some styling advice. In the above picture, I've merely donned a pair of black satin & rhinestone pumps. I think the round toe is appropriate with the silhouette of the dress- they are both a throwback to the 40's. I also think the rhinestones on the shoe add a touch of glamour, appropriate to the event I'm attending. Other than that, I am completely open to the rest of the styling. I think that the rest of the outfit should be appropriately modern- I don't want to look like I've stepped out of the cast of MadMen or Pleasantville. The pleating detail helps modernize the overall look, but I'm not sure what to do with my hair and jewelry. Suggestions are welcome. Also, I'll try to post some better pictures of the dress at some point. I'm currently leaning towards the idea of a simple dangly earring, with hair up and curly. No necklace, simply because the neckline pleating is enough embellishment and anything other than a simple gold chain would compete too much. Anyway, I'll try to figure it out by next Monday! In the meantime, feel free to comment away!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails