Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I've got my high heel MOJO back!

I did it! I survived an ENTIRE day at work in a pair of heels! I honestly didn't know if it was going to happen for me, but I did it! I intended to stick it out from at least 9:00 to 3:00, but I had some down time where my feet got a rest, and with that second wind, I made it all the way to closing time at 5:00! I definitely have to plan my days for wearing heels very strategically, and I will always be sure to have a pair of flats waiting in the wings in case it's too hard, but it's exciting to know I can do it! I've done it once, so I figure I can do it again! And again! And again!

I know by now you are dying to know which heels, so I'll show you. Actually, I'll show you the whole outfit since it's not only cute (in my opinion), but it also incorporates the trend I wrote about last week- the tie-neck blouse! 

My blouse is completely sheer and I unfortunately could not find a clean white cami to wear underneath it. The black looked fine, but I would have preferred the white. The skirt is the one I got at Ann Taylor Loft at a super bargain price. The cardigan is so old, I have no idea where it came from and the shoes are one of my favorite pair- the high heel lace-up oxfords. They have a fabulous wing-tip style detail on them and the laces are ribbon. I have had them for a few years, actually and they've really held up. It's funny how a cheap shoe can sometimes end up in your closet for years, huh? They came from Burlington Coat Factory and I'm pretty sure I only paid $19.99 for them. You can see a close-up of them here, if you like. As for the blouse, you can see how well it works as a layering piece in this outfit- even though the top is flowy, I've made it a structured outfit by topping it off with a fitted cardigan. The pencil skirt also helps to keep the look trim and sleek. The monochromatic color scheme of the dark denim with the black tights, shoes and cardigan also helps create a long line and allows the polka-dot blouse to be the focal point. 

I did my photo shoot close to where my new job is located. There is an old, closed-down movie theatre close to the bridal shop and the morning sun was hitting it hard on this particular day. I could barely keep my eyes open in the blazing sun! I liked the bricks on the side of the building as well as the faded graffiti: 


I don't know if any of my coworkers saw me with my tripod, posing in front of the graffiti-tagged movie theatre, but they'll know about it soon enough. Well, one of them will, anyway- Gigi. The very next day after I took these photos, Gigi came to work ALSO wearing a black and white sheer polka-dot tie-neck blouse. She was not at work the day I wore the above outfit, so she wasn't copying me- it was just pure coincidence that we both wore our nearly identical tops back to back! 

Gigi was completely on-trend with her outfit selection, so I just had to get her picture for the blog. She obliged and I'm so glad she did: 

I can't believe she can look that great even under fluorescent lighting! It's just not fair! I'm afraid to take my picture in the shop because of those lights. It was very brave of her to let me take her picture, knowing I'd be posting it on the interwebs, so please leave a comment and let her know how fabulous she looks! Maybe then she (and all my other stylish co-workers) will be more than willing to let me post them on the blog. That's my master plan, anyway- help me achieve it! Comment! 

2 comments:

Maria said...

I love your outfit and you're right about Gigi - nobody should look that beautiful under fluorescent lighting, but she does!

Renée T. Habashy said...

It's actually kind of incredible- her skin looks great, her hair, everything. I kind of hate her for looking that good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails