Monday, October 12, 2009

Rate My Look- dressed for church

So today was an absolutely beautiful day outside- cool with a bit of a nip in the air. I woke up early and got ready for church. I picked up my friend Brance and then proceeded to have the most fabulous day. After church, we walked around downtown Lancaster for a while, then had lunch at the Chestnut Hill Cafe. Brance is in town because he's been hired to work at my theatre as a performer in the Christmas Show. Our mutual friend Jen has also been cast in the show and she was coming in on the train late this afternoon. After lunch, Brance & I parted ways because he had to get ready to pick her up at the train station. I knew they would be coming over for dinner and a viewing of this weeks Amazing Race, so I took the rest of the afternoon to get some errands done, which involved some shopping for both me and the theatre. I was so disappointed- it just wasn't a great day for either bargains or fabulous finds. At least I looked pretty good while hopping around town shopping. I like this outfit because it's demure enough for church, but still stylish and cute.



I love when the sun shines in the front window like that, although in this picture it makes the shoes a little harder to see. They are these lovelies:



I can't tell you how much I love spectator shoes- they are so sharp looking. These ones are soooo comfy. They're so old, too- at least 5 or 6 years old. I can't even remember what they cost. As for the rest of the outfit, the dress is from Banana Republic and I got it on sale for about $20 (also a while ago, so I'm not completely sure). The sweater is New York and Company and also so old that I can't remember what it cost. The belt came free with another shirt. The earrings were inexpensive- I believe about $8.

I'm sorry for posting so late- technically this outfit is for Sunday, but after my shopping excursion, I went home and started cooking dinner. Brance, Jen and another performer- David- came over for dinner, then Amazing Race and then lots of chit chat. They left around midnight, so I'm just now getting around to posting. So sorry! I guess I'll have to post double at some point to make up for missing Sunday altogether. Mea culpa! I'll try not to let it happen again!

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Those shoes are so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails