Sunday, October 18, 2009

Go bold with color

Having my mom around this weekend has actually provided me with a lot more ideas and inspiration for this humble little blog. Yesterday was the story of the red shoes and how to ask for a discount. Today, she was pleasantly surprised by the color combinations I chose to wear over the weekend. Today was chocolate brown with bright turquoise. I'm not saying that blue and brown is a color combination revolution, but it did get me thinking about color combinations in general. This fall, bold colors are hot, but instead of just adding a pop of fuchsia with a pair of shoes or a scarf, try pairing it with a cobalt blue or a lime green somewhere else on the outfit. Not so much that you look like a clown, but enough that there is more visual interest to your look.

I have a fabulous lime green jersey dress that I love to wear with brown tights and a brown cami. Boring, right? Not when I add a bright purple flower pin at the waist! Instant style and it didn't take any longer than the outfit without the pin. Adding color is a fun way to update your wardrobe without spending a fortune. Pair pieces that you would never have put together before and see what happens. You might find a new look that you never thought of before.

What's your favorite quirky color combination? Orange and pink? Emeral green and sunshine yellow? Leave a comment and tell me all about it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails