Sunday, April 3, 2011

Accessories Anonymous: Brooch & Necklace Combinations

I'm sure you recall my post from last week about the jewelry party I attended. While I may have left with only two small purchases, I did get a lot more out of the event where jewelry is concerned. Everyone at the party received a copy of the Stella & Dot catalog, which we were able to take home with us. I noticed they had styled their long beaded necklaces together with their brooches to create more interesting looks. Sometimes it was necklaces layered over each other and held together with a brooch. Other times it was a single strand beaded necklace looped over itself and held together with a brooch. When I saw these combinations, I realized the amazing potential I had already waiting for me at home. I took a few minutes to pair some of my necklaces with some of my brooches. In about five minutes time, I had more nearly half a dozen combinations already. Check it out:

Two faceted bead necklaces- one purple, one black- doubled over with a purple flower rhinestone brooch- I wore this exact combination just a few days ago. You may remember it from this outfit: 

But I digress... here are the other combinations I created: 

One long pearl necklace triple looped with blue rhinestone brooch

Same pearl necklace as above with a different brooch on the opposite side

Single pearl necklace doubled over and a pearl & chain necklace with a large glass flower brooch

Two black beaded necklaces- one faceted and doubled over, the other with flat beads and worn single strand, paired with a harlequin brooch

See what I mean? These combinations took mere moments to create, and required zero skill. What I'm trying to say is that anyone can do it! Take a look at your jewelry collection and see what interesting combinations you can come up with! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails