Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday: Here, Kitty-kitty!

I'm really happy to see the kitten heel trend returning this spring. After so many seasons of 4-inch heels and ultra-tall platforms, it's like a breath of fresh air to see something a little less extreme. Of course, I still intend to rock my super tall heels at every opportunity, but when my toes need a break, I'll be happy to switch them out for a more reasonable kitten heel.

The kitten heel is the ultimate in girl-y-ness. While the stiletto may ooze sex appeal and power, the kitten heel is sweeter, gentler, and yet still incredibly feminine. Here are some amazing kitten heels that I wouldn't mind adding to my shoe arsenal:

Nelumbo Kitten Heels, Anthropologie, $148



Demmure, Steve Madden, $79.95

All of the above kitten heels would work equally well with jeans, as they would with a sun dress or with a suit for the office. Try out this trend soon- in peep-toe or patent leather, neutrals or florals, simple or embellished- you'll be happy you did! 

If you're a fan of kitten heels, tweet it now and don't forget the hashtag #ShoesdayTuesday so I can find it. Last week's Shoesday Tuesday was the best for tweets we've had yet, so let's try to top it this week! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails