Thursday, April 28, 2011

Beauty Product Review: Jergen's Natural Glow Foaming Moisturizer

As you know, the weather here lately has been less than ideal. With temperatures barely creeping above 60 degrees, it's not exactly ideal weather for spring. By this time of the year, I like to have a little bit of color on my cheeks, and even more on my arms and legs. I'm not the type to lay-out and bake in the sun all day, but I do enjoy a healthy sun-kissed glow. Since I'm stuck in thick tights and long sleeves these days, I decided to try a self-tanner:


My goal was not to look as if I'd spent a week in the Caribbean, but just to get rid of the pasty-white tinge my skin had taken on since being covered up for six months this long, New England winter. One of my co-workers recommended I try Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Moisturizer. I have tried other products in the Natural Glow line before and been unhappy with all of them. I have also tried other brands of self-tanning products including Bath & Body Works and Mary Kay, but never found one I like. My issues with most self-tanners and self-tanning moisturizers are as follows:

1.) They tend to take a long time to show any kind of result. OR
2.) They are so dramatically fast-acting, everyone who sees you knows it's a fake.
3.) It can be hard to get an even application- avoiding streaks or uneven "tanning" of your skin can be really tough.
4.) They all have a strong scent, and not a good one.

When my coworker recommended the foaming product by Jergen's, I was skeptical, but I'll try anything once. At $7.99 for a bottle, it wasn't a huge investment and if I hated it, I figured I could always give it to my coworker to finish since she loves it. Lucky for me, this ended up being the BEST self- tanner I have ever tried. The first day I used it, I marveled at how easy it is to get an even application. Because the product is a foaming moisturizer, it's very easy to get even coverage over a large area (like my ENTIRE leg) with one shot.   In addition, this product does not have the horrible tanning-lotion scent that I've become so accustomed to. Rather, it's a very faint scent that it easily covered up with my standard spritz of body spray. Finally, the color is fabulous- not too light, not too dark- it's the Goldilocks of self-tanners: it's just right. The results were nearly immediate, with a noticeable difference showing a couple hours after my FIRST application. However, repeated use did not turn my skin so dark as to be a questionable shade. Mostly, I just look a little sun-kissed, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Have you tried this product before? How about self tanners in general? What are your thoughts? Leave a comment and let me know what your experiences have been.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I've used the Jergens Natural Glow lotion for a while now, but I'm interested in the foam since you loved it. The lotion does not give immediate results, and I find it can get a little streaky if I'm not careful, especially on the really pasty parts such as my legs. I love the facial moisturizer, though. I use it all winter to keep from looking too pale, and it gives just the right hint of color.

Renée T. Habashy said...

I definitely recommend the foam over the lotion. It's just so much easier to use and the results are SO much faster!

Anonymous said...

Hello Renee. I typed into Google, "I'm pasty white, what's the best sunless tanner?", and your site was the first to pop up. I found the Jergens Natural Glow foaming daily moisterizer on here and tried it and oh..my...God. It was fantastic. Thank you so much for recommending this product. You should get commission for this!

Beauty Products said...

Its good to know about this moisturizer. I have never tried it. Thanks for the review.

Related Posts with Thumbnails