Monday, April 18, 2011

Rate My Look- Pretty Spring Dress


This dress has been hanging in my closet for MONTHS! It's a dress I wore all the time last spring and summer, yet somehow it never ended up on the blog. It's incredibly comfortable, and I absolutely adore the bright floral-esque print all over it. It's different from most of the clothes I wear in a couple of ways- the v-neck for one, the slimmer, but still loose-fitting skirt, for another. I love the ruched waistline because it's so flattering and also very comfortable. It's an ideal dress for work, or even an afternoon out with girlfriends. I wore this dress last Monday, and I'm sure I'll be breaking it out time and time again over the next few months. 

My only regret with this dress is that the shoes I love to wear with it are really tall light blue open-toe heels. Gorgeous, but not exactly work-appropriate. My feet would DIE if I wore them all day. So instead, I've got my 1-inch wedge Dr. Scholl's shoes that I bought last fall. They have served me well for work outfits, and I'm hoping to break them out again next fall. I may need to purchase a new pair for when these ones finally give out. They ended up being a truly fabulous work shoe and I'd be sad to see them go. 

The rest of my accessories were pretty basic- some silver hoop dangling earrings and my vintage cocktail ring finished off the look. I tried to get a nice, tall "poof" in my hair- no, I did NOT use a Bump-it! I just used some good-old-fashioned hair teasing technique. Works every time! Well, nearly every time. 

So what do you think of my dress? If the weather were a little colder, I probably would have paired the dress with one of my Old Navy cropped cardigans, but on this particular day, I was fine without one.  Leave a comment if you like! There's not much to remark on with this outfit- it's pretty basic, don't you think? But sometimes basic is best. 

6 comments:

Maria said...

The dress looks great on you, and I love how you did your hair!

Unknown said...

I love the dress and your hair! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

SewOm said...

I like the look, and like the others before me, I really like the hair. I also like how the earrings mirror the pattern in your dress fabric. Did you make or buy the dress?

Renée T. Habashy said...

I purchased the dress- it was a bargain and I couldn't resist it!

Shannon said...

What a gorgeous dress, and it looks fabulous on you- like it was made for you! And comfortable, too? Who could ask for more? Love it!

Joey Biber said...

Oh, it looks beautiful on you. The color is so cool and it looks comfortable. Yes, it can also be paired with a cardigan, depending on the weather. You have a nice collection of those, btw. And where did you get those flats?

Related Posts with Thumbnails