Thursday, November 8, 2012

A fabulous new bag....

I mentioned a few days ago that I haven't done much shopping lately, or rather much buying. I've been so content with the contents of my closet that I just haven't found much of anything that I just can't walk away from.

Until about a month ago....

I was down in Boston visiting Beth for the day- we went to a make-up workshop and then we hit the consignment shops on Newbury Street. When I got dressed that morning, I put my outfit together, looked in the mirror and said to myself, "If only I had a nice, brown handbag." I didn't mean just any old handbag, but a high-quality one. A nice leather that looks rich and luxurious. I have a classy black leather Coach bag, an awesome leopard print Betsey Johnson, a gorgeous green Michael Kors,  and this amazing Kate Spade bag that Juhree got me for my birthday last year:


I know it seems like I'm dropping a lot of names, but the truth is that these bags have (and will) last me a long time because they are well-made and classic pieces, not because of the name printed on them. Judge me all you like.

Anyway, back to my story. So, I'm looking in the mirror thinking about how much better my outfit would be if only I had a nice, brown handbag. But unfortunately, I did NOT have one, so I had to make do with a less awesome yellow one. After the make-up class, Beth and I were in Second Time Around on Newbury Street just doing a little browsing. From across the room, I saw it and I just had to get a closer look. It was an absolutely gorgeous brown leather bag- a little slouchy, but with enough structure that it wasn't completely boho-looking. It just stood out from all the other bags on the shelf. I knew this was going to be a great find. Turns out it was another Kate Spade. The condition was flawless and the price was perfect- $189. I debated for a while, then decided to go for it. When we left the store, Beth admitted to me, "If you didn't get it, I probably would have, just to keep it in the family." No joke. It's funny how things work out sometimes- I needed a gorgeous brown handbag and the perfect one just fell in my lap mere hours after I came to that conclusion. Amazing. So, do you want to see it? I thought so...


And here I am in Chicago posing like a lunatic in front of the "Bean" with my gorgeous Kate: 


She's really perfect. I hope to have her for many years to come. Have you found any amazing handbag deals lately? Or just amazing handbags? I love a good bag almost as much as I love a good shoe. Almost.

Comment below, kids. I need the affirmation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhhh. First off, so glad that Style is back up and running :) Secondly...those bags are to die for! I'm in love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails