Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Style: Fancy Pants

Do you have holiday parties coming up soon? Are you trying to find fabulous outfits and dresses for these annual soirees? Well, my advice to you this year is to think outside the box and consider the oh-so-trendy fancy pants. I know that's not the actual term for the trend, but you know what I'm talking about. Sparkly pants, shiny metallic pants, sleek satin pants- I know you've seen them out there. They're all over the runways and red carpets and now it's our turn. Check out these awesome fancy pants I found all over the interwebs:

Spot Jacquard Trouser, ASOS, $79.16

These are also available in green, but that was a little too much for my taste. I love the pink, though! Jacquard is a slightly stiff, woven fabric often in an intricate pattern. It can be a monochromatic pattern, or multi-colored like these pants, but it has a rich texture to it because of the pattern. Instead of a printed pattern, jacquard designs are woven into the fabric. It's so rich looking, don't you think? 

Michael Kors Shantung Pants, Nordstrom, $995

Unfortunately, there is no missing decimal point in the price of these bad boys, but they're still fun to look at despite being way beyond reach. I would love the sport such a bold color pant to a holiday party. Some metallic heels and a cashmere top would be the perfect finish to these beauties. 



So, how does one actually put together an outfit with such outlandish pants? Here's how: 

1.) Keep the textures contrasting. Sleek satin, silk or taffeta should be paired with textured cashmere, fur or wool. 
2.) Wear heels. They not only lengthen, they shape. Heels make your butt look better. 
3.) Keep all other sparkle and shine understated. Sequin pants do not call for a glittery handbag or satin blouse. They call for neutrals. 

Here's one way to do it: 


So, have I convinced you to try this new trend? Are you ready to start shopping for a pair of fancy pants? I rarely wear pants at all, so I think I'll need more time warming up to this trend. If I was a little more leggy, I might get on board sooner. Leave a comment and tell me what you think! 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ooh, I love that silver outfit. Snakeskin pants in silver are divine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails