Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Accessories Anonymous: A Handbag Quest

I was catching up with Beth the other day when she mentioned her current handbag quest. In case you didn't know, Beth has a major obsession with handbags and is nearly always on a quest for one. Sometimes it's something specific and others it's just for something inspiring. Either way, I can always count on her to be on the lookout for something great. This time, she was on the hunt for a stylish cross-body bag that is big enough to hold a laptop and a notebook. That's a pretty tall order if you ask me. She said that all the bags she'd found just looked so much like briefcases that she wasn't interested. Or, they were a gajillion dollars and she just couldn't see herself spending that much. So, I decided to hop on the interwebs and see what I could come up with.

Here's what I found:


I like the woven detail- especially how exaggerated it is. The bag is also available in three other colors- orange chocolate brown and light tan, but I prefer the grey. It is definitely big enough for Beth's requirements, and I think it's pretty stylish, but let's keep shopping, shall we?

The All Star Bag, Modcloth, $59.99

I'm always a fan of a pop of color and you really can't go wrong with green. At 14.5 inches wide, it could definitely fit a laptop without looking like a briefcase or a standard laptop bag. It's versatile, too- the color works year round and the interior has multiple pockets. Seems pretty ideal if you ask me! 

If green isn't your thing, but you love the idea of a pop of color, check out this gorgeous satchel by ASOS:

Metal Corner Satchel, ASOS, $49.95 

The cross body strap is adjustable, and the bag itself is roomy with a zippered inner compartment perfect for staying organized. Organization is Beth's middle name, so I know she'll like that aspect of the bag at the very least. 

For a more casual look, I love this one from Etsy: 


It's stylish, for sure, but in a decidedly casual way. It's definitely not for me, but I imagine it would be a nice, durable bag for all those city subway rides. The seller offers it in several color choices,so you're not limited to a neutral brown. I admit, I browsed this seller's store for a while and liked a lot of what I saw. The prices are great, too. I kind of love this one: 

Project Bag, Etsy, $44

The interior of this bag speaks for itself: 

Am I right? 

So, there you have it- a handful of bags that (I think) meet all of Beth's requirements. The question is: do any of them make her swoon or drool or both? 

Do you have a shopping challenge for me? Send me an email or leave a comment and I'll see what I can find for you! 





2 comments:

Beth said...

Drooling! Swooning! What a great post, and thank you for doing the (admittedly fun) grunt work. I love the last two bags you found on Etsy. I usually go for the leather, but that last one especially is so stylish and sophisticated, it's breaking through my bias. I have to click on over!

Beth said...

Also, in Philly, Freya bought me a gorgeous green cross body satchel. It's not big enough for a laptop or notebook, but as a chic cross body bag, it's tops. It's as bright a green as the bag featured on your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails