Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rate My Look- Typical Work Outfit

Bag, Shoes: Marshalls
Ring, Necklace: Stella and Dot


My digital camera and my computer have decided to stop speaking to each other. I'm not sure who's to blame or if it's the USB cable connecting them that's stirring up trouble. (It seems like the three of them may be having relationship issues.) Since I'm so accustomed to photographing myself with my tripod, it's not always easy to remember to ask someone at work or home to take my picture on my phone for me. Last night, however, as I was leaving, I asked one of my coworkers to snap a photo of my outfit and I'm glad she did. I've been meaning to show this dress to you guys for a while. I bought it at a store in downtown Portsmouth called Ganesh Imports, which isn't my typical store. However, I saw this dress in the window and it drew me in. At $34.99, I couldn't resist. The natural waist with ruching and slightly gathered skirt make for a very flattering dress. The exposed zipper in front adds a touch of edge to an otherwise sweet-looking dress. The fabric is a super soft microfiber and the details on the shoulders really make it special. It's a perfect dress for work, except that it's a bit on the shorter side, so I have to be careful about bending down for any reason. I love the dusty, rusty color of the dress, too. I bought it earlier this summer and it looked great paired with some of my bright turquoise accessories like this ring and my Marchesa necklace from Stella and Dot, but now that fall is approaching, it's also proving to be a great color when paired with deep honey and brown. 

Since I wanted the dress to be the star of the outfit, I kept my jewelry fairly subtle. I wore some Stella and Dot jewelry, of course: 



I hope you like my casual, comfortable summer/fall outfit. I'd love to hear what you think in the comments section. (As always)

Have an awesome day, everyone! 





2 comments:

Maria said...

Great outfit! The color is wonderful on you and I like how you've switched up the accessory colors for fall.

Anonymous said...

As always you look fantastic! I need to send you a pic of the dress I bought on that P-Town trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails