Monday, September 12, 2011

NYFW Spring 2012- Christian Siriano Strikes Again!

I loved Christian Siriano when he was a contestant on Project Runway, but I have since grown to respect and admire him even more than I ever thought I would. He continues to create show-stopping, fashion forward designs that are nothing short of fierce- in the true Siriano sense of the word.

Last season, his runway collection still had a great deal of volume in the silhouettes. Whether it was layers of ruffles or just full, dramatic skirts, he was clearly operating on the mantra, "Go big or go home." This weeks runway show was far more restrained. The silhouettes are sleeker, and the citrus color palette is perfectly on-trend. There are still some "signature Siriano" looks interspersed, but the overall collection shows a maturity and growth.

Let's take a look at some of his looks:

This dress is absolutely flawless. For draping to look completely natural, there is often an incredible amount of laboring over a dress form. Everything about this dress says, "Easy, breezy, effortless style," but I think we all know that it's far from effortless to make something so stunning. 


I love the way Christian combined long, elegant skirts with simple, almost too-casual t-shirts. It worked so well in every case. Some skirts had volume and movement, others were sleek and slim- and all of them were beautiful. 

It wouldn't be a Christian Siriano show without some type of dramatically voluminous cocktail dress and this one definitely delivers. I love the combination of colors (you know how I love grey and yellow together) and the combination of the full, voluminous skirt and the sleek, fitted top. Bravo, Christian!

If I am ever in need of a red carpet look, you can guarantee I will do everything in my power to wear a gown designed by Christian Siriano. His evening wear is so unbelievably show-stopping, I would not be able to sleep until I knew I could wear one. 

Click here to view the entire collection. Be prepared to drool. 




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails