Friday, March 4, 2011

Rewarding Shopping

For the last couple of weeks I have felt very busy. Nearly every single "day off" has been filled with lots of things to do. I know that doesn't make me very different from most people, I'm not complaining- just explaining. Today is another day off and I'm about to go see my cousin in the hospital- she just had a beautiful baby girl! But first, a stop at the Baby Gap for a little "Welcome to the world" present for baby Gianna. (Isn't that a pretty name?) Anyway, my last day off was spent helping out at a photo shoot. I'd made a few dresses for a faux-wedding photo shoot for a photography class and I basically spent the day fluffing and tweaking and modeling my designs for the students. It was a fun day, but after the long drive to Waltham, MA, followed by the long day of photography, I decided I was going to treat myself to a trip to the Burlington Mall. It was technically "on my way" home, and since my drive home coincided with rush hour, I decided to take a break from the traffic on the streets and instead experience some pedestrian traffic in the mall. The Burlington Mall is definitely one of the nicer malls I've ever been to. It's not quite as grand as the KOP mall, but it does have a Cheesecake Factory Restaurant.

After a couple of hours wandering the mall, I had made a decent dent in my checking account, but nearly everything I found was a bargain.

Bath & Body Works- Lotion & body spray for my mom- $10 (I had a coupon)
Banana Republic- Silk blouse- $19.97 (they gave me an extra 25% off because it was slightly damaged)
Victoria's Secret- None of your business. Sorry
Anthropologie- Fabulous new skirt for $39.95 (60% off!)
Sephora (not pictured)- New lip plumper and gloss- the only items I paid full price for

On my way out, I breezed through the shoe department at Nordstrom and was tempted by quite a few options, but in the end I was strong and decided not to get any new shoes. Overall, it was a highly satisfying and rewarding shopping trip. And if you're wondering about the silk blouse and the fabulous Anthro skirt, well, check 'em out:

Love? Hate? Indifferent? Leave a comment and tell me what you think of my shopping finds and my outfit. You know how I love comments. 

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I LOVE that top - it is gorgeous! You'll get lots of wear out of that for sure. Don't you love how deal-finding seems to come in waves? Either you find 100 things at amazing price you have to have or nothing!

my healthy twist said...

Great finds! I like what you said about your VS purchase, lol! You look amazing! And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog about me getting into school!! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, ladies!

Taylor, I completely agree with you about finding deals in waves. I feel like I've been shopping a lot lately and finding great pieces, but I know I haven't been spending a lot. It's great!

Totally Inspired said...

I looove that skirt. Its the perfect color and length too.. I cant wait to see how you transition it into spring!
Mrs Hall In Training

Related Posts with Thumbnails