Monday, March 21, 2011

Rate My Look- Sunday Best (Yesterday)

Often when I get dressed on Sunday morning, I'm not only taking into consideration the fact that my outfit needs to seamlessly transition from church to work, but also that it's the day after Saturday when I'm required to wear all black. Sometimes I spend more time in my closet, just trying to avoid wearing black. This Sunday I think I was pretty successful in avoiding the color while still looking chic:

Blouse: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Payless

I wish I'd taken the time to get a good shot of my hair- it really cooperated with me this morning and the half-up/half-down look was very soft and elegant looking, which it NEVER is on me. My hair rarely cooperates and I usually end up letting it do what it wants. I'd much rather be able to style it in a way that always complements my outfit, but it doesn't often work out that way. On the rare occasions that it does, I really ought to put more effort into documenting it- if only to remind myself that sometimes there is hope.

As for the outfit itself, I actually bought this top in two colors- grey and cream. The price couldn't be beat especially considering it's far from a basic "basic." The neckline is interesting and asymmetrical, the fabric is soft, sheer and feminine and it's also a very comfortable blouse to wear. It really can't be beat, if you ask me! You haven't seen the skirt before on the blog- I purchased it on consignment at Second Time Around and although I've worn it a few times, I never snapped a photo of any of the outfits. Which is strange, really, because the skirt is awesome. It has red buttons on the front a la sailor-style pants. And I love me some sailor-style pants (and skirts)! I've worn it with black blouses mostly, so it was a nice change to pair it with the grey instead. Overall, I think this outfit is a nice twist on a classic look.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Ooh, I LOVE grey and red together. Your hair looks great here! I love this silhouette on you, fabulous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails