Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Etsy Item

Last night I finally finished working on a dress that I started sewing about 2 months ago. All I had left to do was to sew on the lace waistband, install the zipper, serge the inside seams and hem it- about an hours worth of work in total. Why I procrastinated so long, I really can't tell you, but the good news is that it's finished and in the Etsy shop for whomever would like it!

The dress itself is made of a cream-colored cotton sateen/spandex blend. Don't be scared by the word "spandex," though. It's actually in a lot of clothes you wear and you probably don't even realize it. Most jeans these days come with a touch of spandex in the mix. We're talking about 98% cotton, 2% spandex, just enough to give the fabric the tiniest bit of stretch. Ultimately, it just makes the garment a smidge more comfortable since it stretches as your body moves. 

I decided I didn't want to make just a simple cream dress, so I added the gorgeous black trim. It's a lovely crochet lace with a satin ribbon. I found both the trim and the fabric at Mood when I was there in December. How shameful that it's taken nearly 3 months to finish such a simple dress! But I digress... where was I? Oh, yes, the trim is just gorgeous. For details on sizing and whatnot, visit the listing in my Etsy shop by clicking here. You'll notice that a lot of items have been removed from my shop. I decided to take out most of the "custom" items and just start stocking the store with actual items that can be bought as is. However, if you are interested in something custom, the option is still there, just email me at reneetbouchard at gmail dot com and we'll chat!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails