Friday, March 25, 2011

Rate My Look- Caped Crusader

It may officially be spring, but we've had snow and temperatures in the 30's and low 40's all week. Yuck. I'm trying to work my wardrobe in such a way that I have liberating moments heralding the coming of spring while also being warm and covered enough so as not to freeze off my boodandi*.

Today, I stayed warm with a wool cape over my outfit:

Cape: Target
Sweater: Marshalls
Shoes: Deb Shops
Necklace: Etsy

I looked at this photo afterwards and though, "Damn, girl- you look adorable!" My boss just got back from a trip to London and when she saw this outfit she said, "You look like you could be walking the streets of London right now!" Pip-pip, cheerio, ladies and gents! My self esteem is feeling pretty great right about now. The cape totally works with the short hemline and straight skirt silhouette. But I know what you're thinking, "Let me see the rest of the outfit, Renee!" And so I happily oblige: 


How much are you digging my mustard & plum combination? Not exactly a combination I'd want to see at lunchtime, but visually I think it's a real winner! (And not like Charlie Sheen #winning. Better. Much better.) The skirt is turning out to be a great addition to my wardrobe- I think it's going to transition through spring quite nicely. I can see it with some other silk blouses in my collection as well as some more casual cotton options. Thank you, Anthro- you really did me a solid on that one. 

On a side note, I have to say I'm a huge fan of the cape. It's like wearing a (very stylish) blanket. It's warm and cozy and much more comfortable to drive in than a jacket or coat. Have you ever worn a cape? I recommend you give it a whirl. Plus, don't you think it's such a fun look on top of being super comfy and warm? I do! Go ahead and leave me a comment telling me what you think about capes in general- and not the superhero kind. 

Have a great day, everyone! 

*Thank you, Shawna for introducing me to the awesome word "boodandi." It is now part of my every day vocabulary.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I approve of all kinds of capes -- superhero included! I have a cape that belonged to my mom when she was in nursing school back in the early 60s. It's navy outside and red inside. Super warm and comfy. I get a lot of weird looks when I wear it, though, so it's been a while. :)

I love your color combination! Still warm enough for winter, but bright enough for spring!

Taylor said...

I *love* this! The color combo is awesome. That skirt looks like it was made for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails