Monday, May 10, 2010

Next!


This one was a project for my fabulous friend Rachel. She and her family have recenly adopted a baby boy- AJ- and she needed something lovely and blue for his christening. I was more than happy to make this dress for her. It ships out tomorrow, and I hope it fits her as well as Kate's fit her! It's tough making dresses remotely like this, but as long as the measurements are accurate, I can get it pretty darn close.

I love the neckline on this one- the halter is going to look fabulous on Rachel, but then again, pretty much everything looks fabulous on her.

Originally, we talked about using a blue toile for this style, but I had a lot of trouble finding a toile that was the right weight. So many of them were home decorating fabrics, and for an early summer christening, I felt they were just too heavy. I ended up narrowing it down to a handful of other blue and white prints and in the end went with this one. It was the truest "baby blue" color.


So do you like the latest "Bouchard Original?" Speaking of "Bouchard Originals," my friend Tim is of the opinion that I should name my label "Renee Terese" which is my first and middle name. I kind of like it. I named my Etsy shop Renee Terese to try it out and basically I think it's a brilliant name. Good one, Tim!
Maybe someday I'll have actual labels in my designs. Someday...

3 comments:

Beth said...

I love that your aestetic is so retro inspired. This is so lovely

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, Beth! A lot of my friends who've asked for dresses are all big fans of ModCloth, so I definitely draw inspiration there. Also, retro silhouettes tend to be very flattering no matter your body type, so I like them for that reason, too.

Totally Inspired said...

i am still a HUUUUUGE fan!! no matter what you call the line.. just keep giving us these great looks.. too too cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails