Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rate My Look- Two outfits

After my rant the other day about simplifying, I decided to take my own advice. I wore my new brooch and I think it was great as the focal point of the outfit:

Here's a better shot of the AMAZING new brooch from Tina Tarnoff (Etsy seller):
Isn't it romantic? I adore it. I kind of wish I could wear it every day. But that might make it less special, so I won't.

Today I glammed it up a little more and layered on some faux-pearls:


I also went a little nuts with the teal tights, but they're so fun! I am normally not the type to wear open or peep toe shoes with tights, but because it's such a bold color choice, I thought I'd try it out. Also, I love when I actually take the time to do my hair. In the first picture, I pretty much stepped out of the shower, threw my hair up in a clip and was done. In the second one, I've bothered to try to give it a little style. It's really starting to get long, so I'm going to have to go to the hair dresser at some point, even if it's only for a little trim. My hair hasn't been this long in over a year, so I'm tempted to keep on growing it. There's a fine line between long enough to style in interesting ways, and so long that it just lies limp and flat against my head like droopy drapes or something. For example, when it was about and inch and a half shorter, it curled much better than it does now. But, when it was an inch and a half shorter, pulling it half back like in the second outfit above was close to impossible. It's amazing what an inch and a half will do.

Well, have a fabulous day, everyone!

4 comments:

K said...

I like all the layered necklaces with the black dress. Very pretty.

B.B. Bellezza said...

I LOVE the brooch! I also love the teal tights! Nice outfits!

Sarah said...

both these outfits are really flattering specially the red jacket cardi? Love that look.....Can I ask where the red jacket is from?

really enjoying your blog.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Sarah- The jacket label is Baccini and once again, it's from either TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Thanks for the kind words!

Related Posts with Thumbnails