Thursday, February 18, 2010

Project Runway: Season Seven, Episode 6

WIN: Seth Aaron
AUF'd: Janeane

This challenge was hilarious! I love love loved it! Seeing the designers dealing with those crazy kids was highly entertaining. And the challenge was interesting to boot! I don't think there has been a children's-wear challenge in the show before, but I think it was a great idea. After all, Suri Cruise is all over the fashion magazines, so it's smart for designers to consider the children of the women for whom they are designing. It's a whole other niche.

As the designers were working, I was really looking forward to the runway show because there were some strange ideas and remarks floating around the workroom. Who was it that said that when you turn 8, you start wearing more sophisticated clothes? Really? Since when? And a bolero for a little kid? Not exactly my first inclination.

There were SO many outfits that looked good in this episode and I really had no idea who the judges would choose to be in the top and bottom. Seth Aaron's model-mom look was one of my favorites and he was also pretty brilliant with the little girl outfit, too. The color was youthful, but the design was innovative and he was a genius to make a purse. Every smart designer knows that a girl loves her accessories! Of course, it didn't hurt that he actually has a young daughter!

As for the bottoms, I respected Amy's bold choice, even if I didn't like it and I agree that the model-mom pants were absolutely bonkers. I feel bad that she made such a strong choice and it didn't pay off. I am happy, however, that she survived to sew another day. Janeane has been in the bottom a lot recently, so I definitely feel it was her time to go. Boring is almost always worse than bold-gone-wrong on a show like Project Runway. At least bold is a choice. Who chooses to be boring? Apparently Janeane. But this time I again agree with the judges decision.

What do you think? Did you like the challenge? Whose design was your favorite? Leave a comment and tell me all about it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails