Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rate My Look- Casual Sunday Afternoon


Today was another day for comfort- I threw on my most comfortable dress, a pair of warm leggings, my "f-Uggs" and some fun accessories- arm warmers, a belt, a cocktail ring and earrings. And I bothered to curl my hair, but it really was not cooperating. The time for a trim is apparently overdue. I went to Barnes & Noble where I picked up my reserved copy of "Couture Sewing Techniques" by Claire B. Shaeffer. I'm excited to read this book and I really hope it's not way over my head. I have decent sewing skills, but Ive always been fascinated by the whole idea of haute couture construction. Who doesn't love clothing that is custom-made, but couturiers take it to a whole other level. I'll be sure to share what I learn here, provided it's not too over my head.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

stumbled upon your blog. Really enjoy it. Love the dress. Do you mind sharing where it is from?

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, Sarah! The dress I bought at either TJ MAxx or Marshalls- it's MaxStudio. Thanks for visiting and commenting- come back again soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

I can not believe that you are wearing F-Uggs! They look awesome on you! I love this look you look great! So I am planning to wear the red shoes you bought for me (cause you are an amazing friend!) to a September wedding. Am I mixing up seasons here since they are suede? And what do I get for a dress, I love the two I emailed you from Mod cloth, but neither go with the shoes. What do you think?

Danielle said...

I love this dress!! Very pretty color!

Related Posts with Thumbnails