Monday, December 13, 2010

Virtual Makeover courtesy of In Style

I've been growing my hair out for about a year and I'm at that point where while I appreciate that I can do a lot with it, I'm also sort of sick of having to aways do something with it. With short hair, it's easier to style it quickly. I'm not sure I want to take a lot of length off, but given the sheer number of split ends that have accumulated, it's time for a trim at the very least.

I've never been great at knowing what hair style or color will look great on me and that's why I'm so happy for the many different virtual make-over options that exist. I ended up on InStyle.com for my "Hollywood makeover" and I was thrilled with the results. There are SO many different hair styles to choose from and that's just the beginning. There's eye shadow and liner, plus lashes, lip colors, foundations, blushes and bronzers- it's amazing. It's best if you have a photo of yourself looking straight at the camera and with your hair pulled back. I started with this photo:


First up, I tried out Keira Knightly's sassy bob: 

Totally sophisticated, right? I'm not sure it's what I want, though. I had a similar haircut a few summers ago and while I liked it, I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to it right now. If anything, I might go for something more along the lines of this style inspired by Ashley Greene: 



Next up is a Carrie Underwood-inspired 'do: 

While I enjoy this look, I know my hair and I know that to achieve this effortless style everyday would be FAR from effortless on my part. But that doesn't mean I'm not considering it as an option. For the third finalist of the group, may I present "Samantha Jones":

It's sassy and tousled and while I like that about it, again, I wonder if I could handle styling it myself. I hate when I can never get my hair to look even half as good as it did before I stepped foot out of the salon. 

The thing about these virtual make-overs is that there are literally hundreds of styles that you can snatch up from right off a celebrity's own head. You can leave it as is or tweak it by flip-flopping it to the other side, or changing the color. You can even add high and low-lights. I had a little fun and tried on some crazy celebrity hairstyles- can you guess whose hair I'm wearing in these next four photos? 





If you know whose hairstyle I'm wearing, leave a comment. Even if you don't, feel free to leave a comment telling me how ridiculous I look in all of these photos! 

I mentioned above that there is more than just hair on these make-overs, so to show you how that works, I changed up my make-up as well in this photo: 

As you can see, my lip color changed from bright "Beyonce" red to a more muted mauve. I also gave myself a bit more eye shadow in a deep purple, some upper dark liner and even some more lashes. I also evened out my skin with a bit of foundation and added a bit more rosiness to my cheeks with some blush. How fun is that? The best part is that you literally just point and click- it's super easy! 

Have any of you tried any of the onine virtural make-overs? Take it from me, they're a blast. If you want to check out the In Style virtual make-over, click here. And in the meantime, leave a comment and tell me what you think I ought to do with my hair! Thanks!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Kate Gosselin is my favorite! (Not that I'm endorsing that insanity; just that you look hilarious.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails