Monday, December 20, 2010

My Blogging: Derailed

Due to a busy couple of days before Christmas and an unexpected flat tire, my blogging regime has been completely derailed. I've had a whole system worked out since I started the new job. My hours and the long commute have made blogging more difficult, but I really felt as though I'd gotten a good system down. Enter: the holidays. Somehow between the shopping, the cleaning, the cooking and the wrapping, I've managed to stay super busy without actually accomplishing much of anything. Or at least that's how it feels. For example, on Sunday after church, I went out for some last minute Christmas shopping. You know how you start shopping for Christmas and you set yourself a budget and you stick to it while finding everyone's gifts? That's all well and good, right? Then, as Christmas approaches, you start to second-guess all your purchases. You think, "I can't give her ONLY that present! It's not enough! And suddenly you're at Kohls five days before Christmas battling the crowds without a game plan or even a coupon.

On Wednesday of this week I'm taking a quick overnight trip to New York City. I have a feeling this trip is what I need right now, but have no fear, I'll be sure to blog all about the shopping I do while I'm there. I have plans for extensive shopping! But that's not my point. My point is this: if you don't see a new blog post up here before the New Year, don't be offended or think I've quit or something.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Okay, your comment about finding yourself at Kohls "without a game plan or even a coupon" is so dead on and well put. Have a blast, blast, blast in NYC!

Related Posts with Thumbnails