Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fabulous Make-Up Deal

I got together with Andrea on Black Friday and we spent a little time in Sephora. Andrea is one of the most skilled make-up artists I know and her make-up recommendations are always spot-on. As you all know, when I had pink eye a few months ago, I had to get rid of all of my eye make-up. It literally went into the trash. So sad. Since then, I've been gradually replacing it, but I also decided to take this whole situation as an opportunity to upgrade my collection bit by bit.

When I was out with Andrea at Sephora, I asked for her advice on some great eye make-up. Her recommendation? Stila. The quality of the product is very high- you feel like you're putting healthy make-up on your face. It's smooth as silk and the colors are stunning. They go on smoothly and blend like a dream. They are priced about mid-range and as I mentioned above, are available at Sephora, as well as at Stila's own website.

Because there are so many colors available, I felt a little overwhelmed. Also, I wanted to get a couple of shadow colors and a nice liner, but I didn't want to break the bank. Andrea recommended Stila's award-winning color "Kitten." It is one of the prettiest nude shimmer shadows I've ever come across. It's a little bit pink, a little bit nude, a little bit shimmery, but not glittery. Andrea's advice was to start with "kitten" and wear it on its own with a sleek liner on top only and some nice mascara. It's a low-maintenance, but very pretty look. While debating what other colors and liner to consider purchasing, we happened upon what I think was an incredible deal- the Stila Eye Shadow Trio:



Available in three color combination options, I ended up choosing the "bronze" option because it appeared to include "kitten" or at the very least, a color extremely close to kitten. (In the picture above, the top color is "kitten.") At $28, it seemed like a lot of bang for my buck. I finished out my shopping trip to Sephora with the Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Tiger's Eye. What I liked about this liner is how well it smudges. Have you ever had an eye liner that didn't smudge well? It ends up being really hard to blend and you get a harsh line. That look does not work for me, so I was excited to find the super smudge-able Kajal. Since making these purchases, I've really enjoying doing my make-up in the morning. Stila seems to be everything Andrea said it would be and then some. I feel glamorous, but because the colors are in the nude family, I don't feel over-done.

Do you have any make-up tips or tricks you'd like to share? Leave a comment and tell me all about it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails