Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday: Spurge v. Steal

Happy Shoesday Tuesday, everyone!

With Christmas just around the corner, I'm sure your bank account is, much like mine, feeling a tad depleted. And so in the spirit of saving money, today's post is all about the spurge vs. steal gimmick. Also known in some circles as the "Look for Less," it's a fabulous trend/price comparison for the savvy shopper. Let's all save a buck while still looking totally fabulous, shall we?

First up, these gorgeous pumps by Fendi- the bow detail at the toe is so sculptural and pretty and as for the color, well, you all know how I feel about a nude shoe. If you don't yet have a fabulous nude shoe, these would make a great choice:

Of course at $685 (available at Nordstrom here), they're a bit on the pricey side, wouldn't you say? Fortunately, there are other great platform pumps out there also in nude and also featuring an interesting sculptural bow detail in front. Like these by Paris Hilton available at Zappos for just $88.95 (here). 



On a completely different note, these work-boot style heels by Dolce & Gabbana are all the rage right now. Unfortunately at $655, they are far from attainable. (At least to me, but you can buy them here at Bloomingdale's if you like.) 


Don't despair, lumberjack ladies, a VERY similar pair of "Ranger Booties" by Ralph Lauren is ALSO available at Bloomies (here) for a fraction of the cost of the D&G's. At $104.30 (sale price, marked down from $149), these are a pretty great substitute: 



Personally, I really love the idea of glittery shoes for a party, especially New Year's. Jimmy Choo knows exactly what I'm talking about with these gorgeous slingbacks available at Nordstrom for about $665 (here).


They sure are pretty, but for a girl on a budget (like me), this festive version from Make Me Chic is a lot more affordable at just $29.68 (here).


I hope this post has inspired you to look for the bargain version of the trend. You really don't have to spend a lot to look great- these shoes are all proof! 

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my blog- I really appreciate it (and the comments, too, of course)! However, I'd like to ask you to take another moment or two out of your day for me. Please hop on over to Twitter and tell me (in tweet form) about a shoe bargain you know of, or experienced, or hope to find. Please include the hashtag #ShoesdayTuesday or I won't see it. Thanks so much and Happy Shoesday Tuesday, everyone! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails